Specifically formulated for a long-acting effect
VOCABRIA + REKAMBYS long-acting injections provide non-inferior efficacy compared to daily oral HIV regimens.1-5 Once patients are initiated on their new regimen, VOCABRIA + REKAMBYS will provide virological suppression* with just 6 treatments per year.1
- VOCABRIA + REKAMBYS is administered by a HCP via two intramuscular gluteal injections1,2
- Each long-acting suspension forms a drug depot in the muscle6
- VOCABRIA + REKAMBYS are each slowly absorbed from the depot site into the bloodstream1,2
VOCABRIA + REKAMBYS: How long-acting therapy works
Discover how the formulation of VOCABRIA + REKAMBYS allow for every 2-month dosing in this short video.
*HIV-1 RNA <50 copies/mL.1
- VOCABRIA Summary of Product Characteristics. ViiV Healthcare.
- REKAMBYS Summary of Product Characteristics. Janssen Healthcare.
- Swindells S, Andrade-Villanueva JF, Richmond GJ, et al. Long-acting cabotegravir and rilpivirine for maintenance of HIV-1 suppression. N Engl J Med. 2020;382(12):1112-1123.
- Orkin C, Arasteh K, Górgolas Hernández-Mora M, et al. Long-acting cabotegravir and rilpivirine after oral induction for HIV-1 infection. N Engl J Med. 2020; 382:1124-35. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1909512.
- Overton ET, Richmond G, Rizzardini G, et al. Long-acting cabotegravir and rilpivirine dosed every 2 months in adults with HIV-1 infection (ATLAS-2M), 48-week results: a randomised, multicentre, open-label, phase 3b, non-inferiority study. Lancet. Published online ahead of print: December 9, 2020. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32666-0.
- Owen A and Rannard S. Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges for long acting injectable therapies: insights for applications in HIV therapy. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016; 103:144–156.
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/ or search for MHRA Yellowcard in the Google Play or Apple App store. Adverse events should also be reported to GlaxoSmithKline on 0800 221 441.
REKAMBYS (rilpivirine long acting injection), including the trademark is owned by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies and used under license by the ViiV Healthcare group of companies. All other trademarks are owned by the ViiV Healthcare group.
PM-GB-CBR-WCNT-210001v3 I April 2022
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellowcard in the Google Play or Apple App store. Adverse events should also be reported to GlaxoSmithKline on 0800 221441.
If you are from outside the UK, you can report adverse events to GSK/ViiV by selecting your region and market, here.