ViiV Healthcare Chat Privacy Notice
ViiV Chat Privacy Notice V 1 Oct 2020
ViiV Healthcare PrIvacy NotIce
ViiV Healthcare (ViiV or we or us) value your privacy and care about the way in which your personal information is treated. We want you to understand how and why your personal information is collected, used and shared.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the ‘contact us’ section below.
What personal InformatIon do we collect about you?
The personal information that we process may include:
- your basic information – such as name (including name prefix or title), gender, age
- your professional details - occupation/position/role, employer, medical or professional registration/license, speciality
- sexual behaviour, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status if you disclose this information during the chat
- any other personal information you choose to provide as part of participating in the chat e.g. contact information – such as email address, phone number(s).
How do we obtaIn your personal InformatIon?
We collect your personal information through the chat portal and through our interaction with you during the chat.
How do we use your personal InformatIon?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to comply with legal, regulatory and other requirements, such as record-keeping and reporting obligations, conducting audits and complying with internal policies
- responding to and dealing with your queries or requests.
On what basIs do we use your personal InformatIon?
We use your personal information on the following basis:
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- for legitimate business purposes – using personal information helps us to operate, plan and improve our business activities. It allows us to check for circumstances that could give rise to a potential conflict of interest for either you or ViiV.
- because you have given your consent - at times we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above.
See the ‘Your rights’ section below for information about the various rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent.
How long wIll we keep your personal InformatIon?
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law. We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving ViiV which will be no longer than seven years. Otherwise we will keep personal information:
- for as long as needed to provide you with access to services you have requested;
- where you have contacted us with a question or request, for as long as necessary to allow us to respond your question or request.
WIth whom do we share your personal InformatIon?
We share your personal information with:
- members of the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) group of companies of which ViiV Healthcare is a part of
- regulators, governments and law enforcement authorities.
The following trusted third parties, including, in particular, authorised employees of:
- our agents and suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services
- our professional advisors and auditors.
See the “Protecting your personal information” section for information on how we keep your personal information safe when sharing it with others.
Transfers of your personal InformatIon outsIde of your home country
Your personal information may be processed by ViiV, its affiliated companies and ViiV’s trusted third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
- We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here.
ProtectIng your personal InformatIon
We use a variety of security technologies and measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
When we share your personal information with external suppliers, we may put in place a written agreement which commits the suppliers to keep your information confidential, and to put in place appropriate security measures to keep your information safe.
You may be entitled to:
- ask ViiV about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where ViiV is processing your personal information based on your consent);
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to ViiV; and
- complain to your local supervisory authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described (see ‘How do we use your personal information?’)
After you have chosen to withdraw your consent ViiV may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
If you would like exercise your rights with regards to your personal information, please let us know by getting in touch via the details below.
If you have questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact your local ViiV company using the contact information below:
To contact ViiV Healthcare in the United Kingdom, call +44 (0)20 8380 6200.
To contact ViiV Healthcare in the United States, call +1 877 844 8872.
Rest of the world:
Contact information for specific countries can be found in our worldwide contact directory.
Data controller and Data Protection Officer
ViiV Healthcare UK Limited is the controller of your personal information You can contact ViiV’s EU Data Protection Officer by emailing EU.DPO@gsk.com. Please note that ViiV’s EU Data Protection Officer is also GlaxoSmithKline’s EU Data Protection Officer.