ViiV Healthcare Privacy Notice (dated 18/05/2022)
ViiV Healthcare (ViiV or we or us) value your privacy and care about the way in which your personal information is treated. We want you to understand how and why your personal information is collected, used and shared.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via the email address set out in the contact us section below.
What personal information do we collect about you?
The personal information that we process may include:
- Your basic information – such as name (including name prefix or title)
- Contact information – such as email address, phone number(s);
- Professional details – such as your occupation/position/role, hospital, medical specialty; role as Patient/Community Advocacy Group Member or Patient Activist/Advocate.
How do we obtain your personal information?
We collect your personal information through this registration portal and when you provide it to us or interact with us as part of organising your registration for the virtual workshop. We also collect information when we interact with you directly or indirectly at the virtual workshop.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- As part of the process of organising your registration to the virtual workshop and for interacting with you during the virtual workshop.
- to comply with legal, regulatory and other requirements, such as record-keeping and reporting obligations; conducting audits and complying with internal policies
- Responding to and dealing with your queries or requests;
- For external and internal marketing, social media and digital campaigns, training and to raise awareness of VH and GSK
On what basis do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information on the following basis:
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- for legitimate business purposes – using personal information helps us to operate, plan and improve our business activities. It allows us to check for circumstances that could give rise to a potential conflict of interest for either you or ViiV.
- Because you have given your consent - at times we may ask for your consent to allow us to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes set out above.
See the ‘Your rights’ section below for information about the various rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law. We will also keep your personal information where we need to do so in connection with legal action or an investigation involving ViiV. Otherwise we will keep personal information for no longer than four years unless we are required to keep for longer due to any legal or regulatory retention requirements.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We share your personal information with:
- Members of the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) group of companies of which ViiV Healthcare is a part of
The following trusted third parties, including, in particular, authorised employees of:
- Event management/logistics suppliers of ViiV and GSK
See the “Protecting your personal information” section for information on how we keep your personal information safe when sharing it with others.
Transfers of your personal information outside of your home country
Your personal information may be processed by ViiV, its affiliated companies and trusted third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses. Law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, security authorities or courts in the countries we transfer your personal information to may have the right to see your personal information.
Protecting your personal information
We use a variety of security technologies and measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
When we share your personal information with external suppliers, we may put in place a written agreement which commits the suppliers to keep your information confidential, and to put in place appropriate security measures to keep your information safe.
You may be entitled to:
- ask VH about the processing of your personal information, including to be provided with a copy of your personal information;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal information;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (where VH is processing your personal information based on your consent);
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to VH; and
- complain to your local supervisory authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
Where you are given the option to share your personal information with us you can always choose not to do so.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes of processing described (see ‘How do we use your personal information?’)
After you have chosen to withdraw your consent VH may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
If you have questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact AH_ViiVEU@ashfieldhealth.com who will facilitate contact with us.
Data controller and Data Protection Officer
ViiV Healthcare UK Limited is the controller of your personal information You can contact ViiV’s EU Data Protection Officer by emailing EU.DPO@gsk.com. Please note that ViiV’s EU Data Protection Officer is also GlaxoSmithKline’s EU Data Protection Officer.