No INI or NRTI Mutations Observed at Confirmed Virological Withdrawal*
ZERO CONFIRMED VIROLOGICAL WITHDRAWALS*
ACROSS BOTH ARMS
ZERO CASES OF RESISTANCE-ASSOCIATED MUTATIONS
ACROSS BOTH ARMS
*Confirmed virological withdrawal criteria defined as 1 assessment of HIV-1 RNA ≥200 copies/mL after Day 1 with an immediately prior HIV-1 RNA ≥50 copies/mL.
1,177 PATIENTS ACROSS 10 REAL-WORLD SWITCH STUDIES
All Data Reported From Studies With On-label Populations
From a literature search up to July 2021, for studies including adult patients with no known or suspected resistance to integrase inhibitors or lamivudine.
DTG 50 mg + 3TC 300 mg used in most reported real-world studies.
*Full study population=177; however, 4 patients have been excluded here in accordance with the EU SmPC. Genotypic testing, at time of failure, revealed K103R and S147G mutations in 1 patient with prior exposure to RAL +ABC/3TC. However, no baseline resistance data were available, therefore, the analysis was unavailable to determine if treatment emergent.
†Effectiveness analysis set (missing=excluded).
Want to hear from the experts, including past webinar recordings?
- Osiyemi O, De Wit S, Ajana F, et al. Efficacy and safety of switching to dolutegravir/lamivudine (DTG/3TC) versus continuing a tenofovir alafenamide-based 3- or 4-drug regimen for maintenance of virologic suppression in adults living with HIV-1: results through week 144 from the phase 3, non-inferiority TANGO randomized trial. Clin Infect Dis. 2022;ciac036 and suppl 1-18. doi:10.1093/cid/ciac036
- van Wyk J, Ajana F, Bisshop F, et al. Efficacy and safety of switching to dolutegravir/lamivudine fixed-dose 2-drug regimen vs continuing a tenofovir alafenamide–based 3- or 4-drug regimen for maintenance of virologic suppression in adults living with human immunodeficiency virus type 1: phase 3, randomized, noninferiority TANGO study. Clin Infect Dis. 2020;71(8):1920-1929. doi:10.1093/cid/ciz1243
- Llibre JM, Alves Brites C, Cheng CY, et al. Switching to the 2-drug regimen of dolutegravir/lamivudine (DTG/3TC) fixed-dose combination is non-inferior to continuing a 3-drug regimen through 48 weeks in a randomized clinical trial (SALSA). Presented at: The 11th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science; July 18-21, 2021; Virtual. Slides OALB0303.
- Borghetti A, Ciccullo A, Baldin G, et al. Shall we dance/ Extending TANGO’s results to clinical practice. Clin Infect Dis. 2020;7(7):e200-e201. doi:10.1093/cid/ciaa313
- Calza L, Colangeli V, Borderi M, et al. Simplification to dual therapy continuing lamivudine and raltegravir or dolutegravir in HIV-infected patients on virologically suppressive antiretroviral therapy. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2020;75(11):3327-3333. doi:10.1093/jac/dkaa319
- Diaco ND, Strickler C, Glezendanner S, Wirz SA, Tarr PE. Systemic de-escalation of successful triple antiretroviral therapy to dual therapy with dolutegravir plus emtricitabine or lamivudine in Swiss HIV-positive persons. EClinicalMedicine. 2018;6:21-25. doi:10.1016/j.eclinm.2018.11.005
- Hart J, Katiyar A, Smith C, et al. Switching to dolutegravir based two drug anti-retroviral regimens (DTG-2DR): performance in clinical practice. Presented at: 26th Annual Conference of the British HIV Association; November 22-24, 2020; Virtual.
- Hidalgo-Tenorio C, Cortés LL, Gutiérrez A, et al. DOLAMA study: effectiveness, safety and pharmacoeconomic analysis of dual therapy with dolutegravir and lamivudine in virologically suppressed HIV-1 patients. Medicine. 2019;98(32):e16813. doi:10.1097/ MD.0000000000016813
- Lanzafame M, Nicole S, Rizzardo S, et al. Immunovirological outcome and HIV-1 DNA decay in a small cohort of HIV-1 infected patients deintensificated from abacavir/lamivudine/dolutegravir to lamivudine plus dolutegravir. New Microbiol. 2018;41(4):262-267.
- Maggiolo F, Gulminetti R, Pagnucco L, et al. Five years of durability of dolutegravir + lamivudine in patients with suppressed HIV-RNA. Presented at: The 11th International AIDS Society Conference on HIV Science; July 18-21, 2021; Virtual.
- Moreno A, del Campo S, Pérez-Elias MJ, et al. Long-term safety and efficacy of integrase strand transfer inhibitor (INSTI)-based HAART in HIV-infected patients after solid organ transplantation (SOT). Presented at: 16th European AIDS Conference; October 25-27, 2017; Milan, Italy. Poster PE9/38.
- Postel N, Schneeweiss S, Wyen C, et al. Real-world data from prospective URBAN cohort on the use of dolutegravir (DTG) + lamivudine (3TC) in ART-naïve and pre-treated people living with HIV in Germany. Presented at: HIV Glasgow 2020; October 5-8, 2020; Virtual. Poster 044.
- Stephenson L, Pan D. Clinical experience of dolutegravir + lamivudine dual treatment regimens at University Hospital Leicester NHS Trust. Presented at: 26th Annual Conference of the British HIV Association; November 22-24, 2020; Virtual.
October 2022 PM-GB-DLL-WCNT-220005
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellowcard in the Google Play or Apple App store. Adverse events should also be reported to GlaxoSmithKline on 0800 221441.
If you are from outside the UK, you can report adverse events to GSK/ViiV by selecting your region and market, here.